Do not panic if the area treated becomes red or swollen, or colour initially looks dark and intense – this is normal and the colour will fade during the healing process. Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed so please do not book in again for at least 1 month. If you are still scabbing please wait before you re book. You should return for your top up within 12 weeks. Top ups are not included in the price and are charged at the same rate again.
Key healing points:
- Apply a small coat of PLAIN Vaseline for 3 days ONLY 3x a day. Any more will prevent area from healing.
- Avoid water touching treated area in the first 2 weeks. Avoid using the gym, sauna and steam room within the first 2 weeks. If you get area wet it will not scab properly and will heal very patchy.
- Scabs should not fall off until at least one week. At this stage DO NOT PICK. Let them flake naturally. If you pick them because you think they look ‘patchy’ and unsightly, then they will HEAL patchy and unsightly. No matter how frustrating DO NOT PICK.
- When scabs are flaking it will appear there is absolutely ZERO colour/ink underneath and you may panic and think the treatment has not worked. This is totally normal- colour takes 1 month to develop within the skin! Be patient! PLEASE TRUST THIS.
- Please remember the first session is a base coat and is likely to heal uneven and very very light. DO NOT EXPECT good results after one session. Your skin will take two sessions to recognize the ink before it will stay and look the desired colour. On rare occasions a 3rd top up will be required.
- Once the treated area has completely healed (approximately two weeks), consider using a waterproof sunblock (SPF 50 LIP CHAPSTICK) on brows/lips if going outside to stop colour fade. Strong chemicals or Glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause pigments to fade and/or lighten.
- No makeup on treatment area- only around it. It will cause infection.
- If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping from the treated area you should gently clean the area using soapy water.
- For lips – no kissing for 3 days, drink through straw, no spicy food. Apply Vaseline for 7 days constantly.
- Colour refresh: to keep your treatment looking its best, it is recommended that you have a colour boost procedure every 12/18 months for facial procedures.
- Giving blood: the Red Cross has suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months after treatment.
- Injectable: dermal fillers or any kind of fillers can alter the shape of your eyebrows or lips.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO CONTACT YOUR CONSULTANT IMMEDIATELY IF YOU FEEL YOUR TREATMENT IS NOT HEALING. WE CAN TELL IF YOU HAVE NOT FOLLOWED AFTERCARE ADVICE. IF THIS IS THE CASE WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE FUTURE TREATMENTS. THERE IS NO GUARANTEED RESULT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO WE OFFER DISCOUNT OR FREE TOUCH UPS AS TREATMENTS COME AT A COST TO US TO COMPLETE.